EXODUS - my 77 DAY Quiet Time Challenge!


Hello everyone, it has been a long time since my last post I guess. I've gone through really tough times, probably I will share it to you on my upcoming posts... the challenges I've gone through and how God helps me to overcome.

But for now I am very excited to share to you the challenge I gave my self... presenting "EXODUS - my 77 day Quiet Time challenge!" 

Maybe you will wonder what is this all about? Well, I challenge myself to do Quiet Times on the Book of EXODUS and this starts today, the 16th of October 2016 and I committed myself to finish it in 77 days!. Not just simply reading it but to DIG/DIVE on it. Revisiting the principles and apply it to my spirituality and life. Hope this might inspire and might help others also.

EXODUS is really a great Book in the Bible that displays God's Awesome Power and Greatness, this Book also presents principles and symbolisms that explains our Christian Life and our Beliefs. I'm inviting you to join me in this Journey hope you will be one of my accountability partner to remind me of my "EXODUS - 77 days Quiet Time Challenge!" 

DAY 1: EXODUS Chapter 1: 1-5 (NIV)
"1 These are the names of the sons of Israel who went to Egypt with Jacob, each with his family: Reuben, Simeon, Levi and Judah;Issachar, Zebulun and Benjamin; Dan and Naphtali; Gad and Asher.The descendants of Jacob numbered seventy in all; Joseph was already in Egypt."

So how they got in to Egypt in the first place?

I suggest you to read Genesis starting from chapter 37:1, but just to give you a brief background, as stated in Exo 1:5...Joseph was already in Egypt.

Joseph was the 11th son of Jacob (Israel), he was sold by by his own brothers to Midianite mechants who then sold Joseph in Egypt to Potiphar, one of Pharaoh's officials.Joseph also encountered many great challenges in his life but not give in to those challenges so God blessed Joseph and was with him to fulfill His wonderful plan .

"Then Joseph said to his brothers, “Come close to me.” When they had done so, he said, “I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt! And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you. For two years now there has been famine in the land, and for the next five years there will be no plowing and reaping.But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance.
“So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God. He made me father to Pharaoh, lord of his entire household and ruler of all Egypt.Now hurry back to my father and say to him, ‘This is what your son Joseph says: God has made me lord of all Egypt. Come down to me; don’t delay. 10 You shall live in the region of Goshen and be near me—you, your children and grandchildren, your flocks and herds, and all you have. 11 I will provide for you there, because five years of famine are still to come. Otherwise you and your household and all who belong to you will become destitute.’
12 “You can see for yourselves, and so can my brother Benjamin, that it is really I who am speaking to you. 13 Tell my father about all the honor accorded me in Egypt and about everything you have seen. And bring my father down here quickly.

So Jacob believed their testimony and was convinced to go to Egypt.

That's it for now 'coz we need to go to Worship our Awesome God...today is Sunday. Come let us wosrhip Him...

P.S. Pls. pray for me that He may give me more insights that I can share to you and together let us rediscover...
"God's Wonderful Plan for the nation of Israel and His plans for us revealed here in EXODUS!"

Your brother in Christ,
Chris T. de Guzman

No comments:

Post a Comment